Endocrinology and Metabolism
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N.
Thorkil Ploug’s main research focus is ”Biomarker discovery and clinical implementation within the area of personalized medicine and prevention”. Current activities are in 5 key fields:
- Metabolic regulation (exercise, obesity, NAFLD/NASH and diabetes)
- Ischemic and diabetic cardiovascular diseases
- Inflammation and autoimmunity
- Degenerative conditions (dementia, osteoarthritis and ageing)
- Cancer (prostate and breast)
Thorkil Ploug is a member of the management committee for the European Union’s COST action CliniMARK: ‘Good biomarker practice to increase the number of clinically validated biomarkers’. He also serves as Director of Studies for the Master of Science programme “Human Biology”.