Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N.
Associate Professor of type 1 diabetes pathophysiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen. Born in Gentofte 1974. Married. Two children.
June 2005: PhD in Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
April 2001: MSc in Biology, August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen.
January 1998: BSc in Molecular Biology, Roskilde University.
Associate Professor (20%), Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Senior Researcher and Team Leader (80%), Department of T1D Biology, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen.
2018-2020: Senior Researcher and Team Leader, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen.
2017-2018: Senior Researcher, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen.
2013-2017: Senior Researcher, Herlev University Hospital.
2011-2013: Senior Researcher, Glostrup Research Institute.
2009-2011: Senior Scientist, Hagedorn Research Institute/Novo Nordisk A/S
2006-2008: Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Steno Diabetes Center/Hagedorn Research Institute
2002-2005: PhD Student, Steno Diabetes Center and University of Copenhagen.
Selected academic qualifications and honors
- Reviewer for several scientific journals including The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, Diabetologia, Diabetes Obesity & Metabolism, Gastroenterology, Cell Death & Disease, Scientific Reports, Molecular & Cellular Endocrinology, DNA and Cell Biology, Environmental Toxicology, Science Reports, BMC Molecular Biology, etc.
- Grant reviewer for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Vlaanderen (FWO), French National Research Agency (ANR), Dutch Diabetes Research Foundation (DDRF), Welcome Trust, and Diabetes UK.
- Steering group member and co-founder of CPH-DIRECT (Copenhagen Diabetes Research Center), University Hospital Herlev/SDCC.
- Obtainment of >13 million DKK in funding as PI or co-PI including two project grants as PI from the Independent Research Fund Denmark (2013 and 2017).
- Leadership courses, Novo Nordisk A/S and the Capital Region (2011 and 2019).
- Talent award: Rising Star, University Hospital Herlev, 2014.
- Postdoc award, Independent Research Fund Denmark, 2006.