Physiology of circulation, kidney and lung
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N.
Born 1963, Barcelona, Spain.
MD, UAB, Spain, 1988.
PhD, UCPH, Denmark, 2005
Specialist in Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Denmark, 2007.
- 2014- Research Consultant, Cardiology Dept. Y, Bispebjerg-Frederiksberg Hospital
- 2017- Assoc.Prof., Biomedicine dept., Univ. Copenhagen (Ext. Assoc. Prof 2013-17)
- 2013-2014 Post-doc at Hypertension Clinic, Endocrinology dept., Odense Univ. Hosp., Denmark
- 2009-2013 Head of Research and Cardiology Ambulatory, Herlev Univ. Hosp., Denmark
- 2007-2009 Consultant, Research fellow, Cardiology dept., Gentofte Univ. Hosp., Denmark.
- 2005-2007 Cardiology training, Bispebjerg and Gentofte Hospital, Copenhagen Univ. Hosp., Denmark
- 2001-2004 Research Fellow, Cardiology dept., Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen.
- 1990-2000 Resident, cardiology, int. med. and oncology, Herlev and Gentofte Hospital, Denmark. Int. med. Esbjerg, Hillerød and Glostrup, Denmark
- 1989-1990 Guest Researcher, Pathology dept. Linköping University Hospital, Sweden
- 1984-1988 Research stud., Physiology, UAB, Spain.
Official PhD-advisor at DaCRA (Danish CArdiovascular Research Academy, KU) since 2006. Faculty member CACHET (Copenhagen Health Technology, DTU) since 2017. PhD main project supervisor, University of Copenhagen:
- Christoffer Waldorff Madsen, Prevention of stroke in secondary atrial fibrillation in surgery (ongoing since JAN 2019)
- Sadaf Kamil, Risks in atrial fibrillation related to aterosclerosis based on Danish registries (ongoing since SEP 2018)
- Jesper Park-Hansen, 2017, LAACS (Left Atrial Appendage Closure at Surgery). A randomized study to prevent cerebral damage assessed by brain MRI and clinical outcomes.
- Thomas Guterbaum 2016, Signalling mechanisms of endothelial nitric oxide activation in human endothelial cells. The role of high glucose on endothelial damage in a model for reperfusion injury.
- May Poulsen, Recovery and risk reduction after stroke, 2016.
- Pernille Holmager, Effect of GLP-1 on body composition, inflammatory biomarkers and adipokines in type 2 diabetes mellitus and heart failure, 2015.
- Britt Falskov, Effect of beta blockers on endothelial function in patients with type 2 diabetes and heart failure, 2013.
- Jakob Raunsø, Atrial fibrillation – Prognosis in heart failure and risk during interruption of anticoagulant treatment, 2012.
Main project supervisor over 20 master and bachelor projects at Faculty of Health Sciences, Copenhagen University 2007-
Jury PhD, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain: Laura Villalobos 2013 and Tania Romacho, 2011.
Clinical research supervisor, Pharmacy master: Troy Hammer, “Warfarin treatment in anticoagulation clinic” Bergen Universitet, Norway, 2009. Co-advisor bachelor for Bioanalysts B. Nielsen and C. Jølving,”Use of CoaguChek XS Plus for monitoring INR during initiation and stable peroral anticoagulation”, 2008.
Participation in sponsored CRT since 1995 as PI on current and previous studies (VERDICT, HOKUSAI, EPHESUS, SCOUT, etc) and as sub-investigator (IDEAL, CHARM, VALLIANT, etc). Latest GCP Nov 2017.
“Heart and Lung Physiology” since 2013.
“Basal Metabolism and Molecular Mechanisms in the Metabolic Syndrome”, PhD School of Molecular Metabolism, Odense Univ., Denmark, 2009-2015.
“Diabetes and heart disease”, Nurse Cardiology Module-II, 2006-2008.
- 2011 “Excellent quality reviewer” for Annals of Internal Medicine
- 2005 Nordic Congress of Cardiology (Malmö, Sweden)
- 2004 and 2002 Danish Society of Cardiology, Denmark
- 2002 “Diabetes and Heart Disease”, Frederiksberg, Denmark
- 2002 Bispebjerg Hospital Research Day, Denmark.
- REAFEL - InnovationsFond Grand Solutions, 2017. REAFEL - Reaching the Frail Elderly for the management of Atrial Fibrillation (2017-2020). DKK 13,147,508
- NovoNordisk Fonden, 2018. LAACS2 - Left Atrial Appendage Closure with Surgery-2 (Jan 2019 -Dec 2021). DKK 2,999,420
- Ib Mogens Kristiansen, 2018. LAACS2 - (Jan 2019 - Dec 2021). Dkk 584,689
- Bispebjerg-Frederiksberg Hospital, 2018. LAACS2 - (Jan 2019 - Dec 2021). DKK 120,000
- DANIDA, 2018. BRAHIT - Brazilian Heart Insufficiency with Telemedicine (Mar 2019 - Feb 2022). DKK 5,000,000
- Kaj Hansens Fond (DanaLim), 2019. LAACS2 - (Oct 2019 - Dec 2022). DKK 450,000
- Toyota Fonden, 2020. LAACS2 - (Apr 2020 - Dec 2022). DKK 200,000
- Alfred-Benzon worshkops , 2020. REAFEL. DKK 19,695.
- Skibsredder P. Henriksen og hustru Legat, 2020. LAACS2. DKK 250,000