Bo Hjorth Bentzen
Molecular Cardiology and Membrane Proteins
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N, 7.9, Building: 40
- 2014 - (current position): Associate Professor, Project manager: "Safe and effective pharmacological treatment for atrial fibrillation", a joined project between KU and Acesion Pharma funded by the national InnovationsFonden
Target-AF, Danish National Research Foundation Centre of Cardiac Arrhythmia, Københavns Universitet
- 2012 - (current position): Research scientist, Acesion Pharma
- 2013 - 2014: Associate Professor, BMI, KU
- 2012 - 2013
Post doc, Danish National Research Foundation Centre of Cardiac Arrhythmia, University of Copenhagen.
- 2011 – 2012 Research scientist, NSDiscovery, NeuroSearch A/S.
- 2011-2013 External lecturer, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
- 2010- 2011 Post doc, Danish National Research Foundation Centre of Cardiac Arrhythmia University of Copenhagen.
Education and training
- 2007- 2010
Ph.D. Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Ph.D. student in Prof. Dr. Søren-Peter Olesen’s laboratory, Danish National Research Foundation Centre of Cardiac Arrhythmia, University of Copenhagen
Title of thesis: Pharmacological modulation of cardiac potassium channels
My PhD focused on the use of hERG channel activators for the treatment of inherited long QT syndrome and on defining the role of BK channels in protecting the heart from ischemia-reperfusion injury.
M.Sc. Human Biology, Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen
Master student in Prof. Dr. Søren-Peter Olesen’s laboratory, Dept. of Medical Physiology, University of Copenhagen.
Title of project: Pharmacological modulation of KCNQ channels
My work was focused on finding subtype selective KCNQ channel activators and to localize their possible binding sites.
Scholarship student, Dept. of Periodontology, University of Copenhagen
Scholarship student in Prof. Dr. Palle Holmstrup’s laboratory.
- 1999-2002 School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Qualification awarded: Bachelor degree in Dentistry
- March 2009- July 2009, Scientific visit in PD Dr. Michael Brunner’s laboratory, Innere Medizin III –Kardiologie Freiburg University, Germany.
- June 2006 Scientific visit in Prof. Ursula Raven’s laboratory, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dresden University of Technology, Germany.
- European heart Journal
- European Journal of Pharmacology
- Pflügers Archiv European Journal of Physiology
Three patent applications filled
PhD, MSc Human biology