Molecular Cardiology and Membrane Proteins
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N, Mærsk Tårnet 7.9, Building: 34
Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Affiliated with The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
Born in Holstebro, Denmark, 1980. Engaged to Kristian Kolind. Children: Mattias (b.2012), Maja (b.2014).
- June 2009: PhD in Health Sciences. Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen. Advisor: Prof. Søren-Peter Olesen. Including research stay at RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama, Japan.
- Sep 2005: M.Sc. in Physics and Biophysics. The Niels Bohr Institute, Department of Physics, University of Copenhagen. Advisor: Prof. Stig Steenstrup. Research conducted at University of California at San Diego, USA.
- July 2003: B.Sc. in Physics and Biophysics. The Niels Bohr Institute, Department of Physics, University of Copenhagen. Advisor: Ass. prof. Claus Helix Nielsen
- 2015-present: Associate professor. Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
Affiliated associate professor of Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research.
- 2009-2011+: Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Quantitative Proteomics. Department of Proteomics, NNF
- 2012-2015: Center for Protein Research, U. Copenhagen. Advisor: Prof. Jesper V. Olsen
- 2011-2012: Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Human Population Genetics, The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, USA. Advisor: Prof. Mark Daly
- 2007-2008: Visiting scientist in voltage sensitive fluorescent proteins, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama, Japan. Advisor: Prof. Thomas Knöpfel
- 2004-2005: Visting research student, ion channel research. Department of Biology, University of California at San Diego, USA. Advisor: Prof. Mauricio Montal
Selected academic awards and hounours
- 2013: For Women in Science price (by L’Oréal, UNESCO and The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters). Awarded to 3 young female scientists a year in Denmark.
- 2011: Member of The Young Academy, The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters. Eight members are selected across all scientific disciplines each year for a 5-year period.
- 2011: Sapere Aude/ DFF-Ung Eliteforsker (Elite research career programme launced by the Danish Council for Independent Research).
- 2007: Talent award, Lundbeck Foundation (Lundbeckfondens Talentpris). Awarded to 3 young scientists in Denmark annually.
- 2006: Selected participant at MBL Neurobiology Summer course, Woods Hole, USA. 12 advanced level students selected from all over the world for 9 weeks practical course.
- 2006: Young Investigator Award, Health Sciences, U. Copenhagen (Fakultetsprisen til unge forskere, Det Sundhedsvidenskabelige Fakultet, Københavns Universitet). Awarded to two young researchers annually.