MiPsummer 2013 - the Mitochondrial Physiology Summer School was the 6th MiPsummer School organized by the Mitochondrial Physiology Society.
MiPsummer 2013 was locally organized by Xlab, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen and took place at the Panum Institute in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The one week intensive Graduate Course consisted of hand-on analyses of aspects of mitochondrial function and morphology using different technologies, state-of-art lectures and poster presentations by PhD students.
The course had in total 75 participants, coming from Denmark, other European countries and countries overseas.
List of speakers:
- Albert Gjedde, University of Copenhagen, Dept. of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Denmark
- Antonio Zorzano, Universitat de Barcelona, Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Spain
- Clara Prats, University of Copenhagen, Xlab - Center of Healthy Aging, Denmark
- Darrell Neufer, East Carolina University, East Carolina Diabetes and Obesity Institute, United States
- David G. Nicholls, The Buck Institute of Aging, United States
- Erich Gnaiger, Medical University Innsbruck, D. Swarovski Research Laboratory, Austria
- Eskil Elmer, Lund University, Mitochondrial Pathophysiology Unit, Sweden
- Esther Phielix, Maastricht University Medical Center (MUMC+), Dept. of Human Biology, The Netherlands
- Graham J. Kemp, University of Liverpool, Institute of Aging and Chronic Disease, United Kingdom
- Julia Szendrödi, UKD Heinrich Heine University, German Diabetes Center, Dept. Metabolic Diseases, Germany
- Kent Sahlin, The Swedish School of Sport and Health Sciences, Sweden
- Martin Hey-Mogensen, Novo Nordisk, Denmark
- Renee Ventura-Clapier, University of Paris Sud, Energy Metabolism in Cardiac and Skeletal Muscle Research Group, France
- Rita Guzun, Université Joseph Fourier, Laboratoire de Bioénergétique LBFA, France
- Scott Maynard, University of Copenhagen, Center for Healthy Aging, Denmark
- Sofia Vikström, Seahorse Bioscience, Denmark
- Takashi Yokota, Hookaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Dept. of Cardiovascular Medicine, Japan
- Vilma Borutaite, Kaunas University of Medicine, Institute for Biomedical Research Lithuania
Local organizer : Prof. Flemming Dela, MD
Course secretary : Jacqueline van Hall
Jacqueline van Hall
Phone: +45 353-27423