Our group is currently working on a number of exciting projects:
1. Oxidation- and glycation-induced changes in protein structure and function.
2. Extracellular matrix damage and atherosclerosis.
3. Kinetics and mechanisms of oxidative damage to proteins induced by hypochlorous acid, peroxynitrous acid, singlet oxygen, peroxides, sugars and metal ions.
4. Myeloperoxidase, inflammation and cardiovascular disease.
5. Novel selenium- and sulphur-based antioxidants.
We are looking for highly motivated Bachelor, Master and PhD Students. See the vacant projects: