Course in kidneys and urinary tract assessed to be an A-course
In connection with the evaluation of the teaching at the study programme Medicine in spring 2017, the kidneys and urinary tract course has been assessed to be an A-course. The course leader of the course is Charlotte Mehlin Sørensen.
The course with the Danish title ‘Kursus i nyrer og urinveje’ is considered to be an A-course and thereby inspiration for others based on the following things:
- Well structured
- Clear learning goals
- Use of pedagogical initiatives such as shakespeak and handouts with assignments
- Lectures have received good evaluations
- Good governance and streamlining of SAU education
Head of Department Bente Stallknecht is very happy about the excellent result:
"It is always nice when a course headed by BMI is being considered a course of inspiration for others. The entire group of teachers at the course should be commended for their efforts but I would especially like to commend Charlotte who sets the direction of the course as course leader."
At SUND, the following categorization of courses is used:
- A: Idea-course: Elements of the course can serve as inspiration for others.
- B: Development course: Continuous development can be done by the course leader in collaboration with the teachers and the teaching committee involved (in cases where a teaching committee has been established) and possibly in consultation with the head of department without the need for special efforts by the study board.
- C: Action course: Request for special action by the study board.