English > Staff
Jens Høiriis Nielsen
- Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cellular and Metabolic Research Section
2200 2200 København N
Primary fields of research
- Pathogenesis of obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes
- Experimental diabetes research
- Growth and function of the endocrine pancreas
- Molecular mechanisms involved in beta cell development, growth, survival and function in normal and pathological conditions.
- Fetal programming of beta cell growth and maturation in the perinatal period in rats: influence of maternal nutrition on gene expression and epigenetic changes.
- Beta cell adaptation to pregnancy: Identification of circulating factors in pregnant women on beta cell proliferation and neogenesis from stem cells.
Fields of interest
Research communication via Science Theatre arrangements (www.videskabsteatret.dk)
Introductory remarks on publicationslist
140 scientific publications including 86 original papers, 3 patent applications and 51 reviews book chapters and conference proceedings. In addition app. abstracts and app. 250 invited lectures.
Jens Høiriis Nielsen is MSc in Biochemistry and DSc in Cell Biology from the University of Copenhagen. He has published 140 original papers and reviews within the field of beta cell biology and diabetes. He is particular interested in the molecular mechanisms involved in beta cell growth and regeneration under physiological and pathological conditions like fetal development, pregnancy, obesity and type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Course in endocrinology for medical students
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master projects for students in medicine, biology, biochemistry, human biology and molecular biomedicine, in total 75.
- Supervision of PhD students, in total 25.